- How do I sign up
- How does backprint work?
- How much does it cost to set-up an account?
- How do I get paid?
- Can I customize my web storefront site?
- How can I use backprint to track my orders and my business?
- What forms of payment does backprint accept?
- How does backprint ship orders?
- How does backprint.com protect and secure my photos so others cannot copy and print?
- What are your Terms and Conditions?
2. How does it work?
We give you the tools to market and sell your photos. Just sign up and you will instantly be able to start uploading photos and marketing them to your customers. You can categorize your photos, customize your web pages, and even market photos directly to your customers using customized email marketing tools.
3. How much does it cost to set-up an account?
There are no annual, monthly, set-up, or other subscription costs. We only make money when a customer places an order. The charges are 15% of retail price (which you set) and the wholesale cost of the item ordered. You can upload as many photos as you like and leave them online as long as you want at no charge.
4. How do I get paid?
Backprint will send you a check of your profits every two weeks to balances over $20. If your balance is below $20, you may request payment at any time. We also offer free direct deposit.
5. Can I customize my storefront?
Yes! You will be given a personal URL in the form of www.backprint.com/yourchoice - "yourchoice" is the account name you choose. You can link to this from your existing website or use it as a stand-alone site. Each storefront site's look and feel is fully customizable allowing you to upload logos, and change colors and fonts and much more. In addition, each storefront can have an unlimited number of custom gallery pages and unlimited images, free of charge. If you know HTML, you can even input your own code to customize different pages on the site.
6. How can I track my business?
Backprint offers a complete reporting and analysis system. Most reports offer the ability to set a date range, filter certain criteria or other customization.
- Event Summary Report - revenue, expenses, number of orders, margin and profit for all events
- Event Sales Report - sales % per photographer
- Revenue Share Report - detailed analysis of order revenue distribution
- Payments Report - shows event revenue and associated costs
- Order Report - detailed analysis of product sales
- Page Hits Report - number of hits across multiple areas of the event
- Order Detail - enter your order number and see full detail of each individual order
7. What forms of payment does Backprint accept?
We accept MasterCard, Visa and American Express. We do not accept PayPal.
8. How does Backprint ship orders?
Standard shipments send from our lab with specialty shipment partner MailExpress via USPS First Class. Plaques, frames and other larger items are shipped via FedEx Ground. We charge the customer shipping and handling based on size, weight, and materials of the order. Prints typically ship in 1-2 weeks and products ship in 2-4 weeks. We also offer FedEx expedited shipping options of Express Saver, 2-Day, and Overnight services for all orders.
9. How does Backprint.com protect and secure my photos so others cannot copy and print?
Once you upload your photos, we re-format each photo and create a high resolution image used to print orders, and a low resolution image, used to view photos on-line. The photos that your customers see on-line are screen resolution, and not usable for printing purposes. You can also create your own watermark to be used on all of the photos you display on-line. Images have right-click save protection and we also implement drag and drop protection for all images hosted on your storefront. High resolution images are stored on secure servers.
10. Are there Terms and Conditions?
Yes. There are terms and conditions you can review and which you must agree to as part of the sign-up process. It is fairly standard legal language with all of the details. You can view and download our Terms and Conditions here.